Thursday 15 July 2010

Alexis Mabille Couture AW10.


Although i have fallen in love with Dior, Valention and Chanel's AW10 couture collections, i decided i would do a post about Alexis Mabille. The collection was based on couture separates and featured a concoction of bows, flower applique,ruffles, smart tailoring and chiffon; not at all like the straight-cut, body-con SS10 collection. The outfits were all beautiful and i loved the elaborate princess dresses just as much as the corsets and slim-line trousers. What i found amazing about this collection was, with the mixture of different skirt lengths, shapes and textures, all the particular outfits still managed to appear the same theme. However, my favourite part is the shoes. They featured throughout the show, although occasionally a pair of black courts were swapped in much to my dissapointment. The chiffon and bow detail is given a gothic yet glamourous affect when paired with a deep black colour.

6 comments:

Mary Lee said...

yes i agree it's so beautiful which gives a kinda gothic vibe to it and i love it :)
i really love the 1,2,3 and the second last one :) they are all so gorgeous!

Phoebe.Madeleine said...

totally agree :)
P.M <3

Anonymous said...

the first, second and third images <3 love

Naked Geek said...

The collection is very good. I might have to look more up about this it caught my eye. I love the red dress, I can imagine myself twirling around in it.


Check out my blog at;

http://nakedgeeks.blogspot.com/

THE DIVINITUS said...

great red ensemble.

K A T H L E E N said...

so beautiful!
come follow me http://www.fashioniceice.blogspot.com xoxo